Employment Opportunities » Mechanical Designer (MEP)
Mechanical Designer (MEP)
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Posted: February 12, 2020
Location: Philadelphia, PA Area
- Field survey existing mechanical systems and equipment.
- Develop piping and equipment layout plan, section and isometric drawings.
- Specify piping, valves, insulation and support requirements.
- Develop construction demolition and new work drawings complete with sheet notes and specifications.
- Review of shop drawings and submittals.
- Develop equipment location plans providing maintenance and personnel access.
- Interact with clients, contractors, and colleagues within company.
- Possess the ability to design mechanical systems addition to drafting/modeling skills. Experience in layout of HVAC systems and/or piping systems (e.g., process, plumbing, fire protection).
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphical standards as it relates to producing construction documents
- Two year mechanical drafting/technology degree a plus.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Familiar with various software suites such as MS Word, Excel, Access, MS Project
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Excellent attitude, attention to detail and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Self-starter who takes direction well and is driven to expand their knowledge-base.